Air Fryer is a must-have Appliance for your Home if you wish to cook food quickly without using much oil and in most cases without the need for any oil. In this guide, Let’s find out How to use an Air Fryer properly.
How Does An Air Fryer Work?
An Air Fryer is in many ways similar to a convection oven in terms of operation. You can easily roast, broil and even use it for baking if that’s what you are looking for in an Air Fryer but one cannot expect similar results to that of an oven. Now, let’s find out How Does An Air Fryer Work.
It works on a simple principle where the heat is circulated inside the cooking chamber rapidly by evenly blowing the hot air to all surfaces of your cooking ingredient. Since the food is placed in a basket inside the Air Fryer, it increases the contact with the moving air easily. The Heat generated is absorbed quickly by the food because of the limited space in the chamber.
Well, let us proceed further and see how does an Air Fryer work.
Preheating The Air Fryer
One of the important things while using an Air Fryer is preheating. Make sure to preheat the Air Fryer to the required temperature for the food that you are going to fry.
In most reputed brands, you will find the recommended preheating data in the manual that comes along with it. Keep in mind that preheating temperature may vary for different varieties of food.
Temperature Settings While Using An Air Fryer
Most manufacturers recommend using an Air Fryer for roasting and cooking at a lower temperature compared to a conventional oven. Lowering the temperature to 25° Fahrenheit is ideal and the cooking time can also be reduced by 20%.
Make sure to read the operation manual of the particular model that you have purchased.
How To Use An Air Fryer Basket
An Air Fryer basket can be easily removed and in some new models, you will find two layers of the basket to accommodate more food. Once your Air Fryer is preheated to the desired temperature, you can remove the basket and put your food in it.
Make sure to evenly cut the food and don’t cram them inside the basket so that the air circulation is not disturbed.
You can remove the basket once or twice during the frying process and just stir it to ensure that your food is being evenly fried to achieve the crispy result that you have been expecting.
If you are handling fries, you can easily remove and shake the basket and place it back in to continue the frying process.
Use Of Oil in an Air Fryer
One of the other things that you need to keep in mind is that your Air Fryer does not help in deep frying your food. We suggest using a little amount of oil or cooking spray if you are working with vegetables and this will certainly help to get that lovely golden-brown color and make it crispier.
However, if you are using an Air Fryer for frying nuggets, fries, or even chicken, you need not use any oil because of its fat content.
Not Just Frying
If you are wondering whether you can use your Air Fryer for Grilling and baking, then the answer is yes. Don’t be afraid to explore your new Air Fryer and try out different dishes with it.
Air Fryer is a useful appliance for your home for healthy cooking. Especially, if you are someone who consumes more chicken, fries, or other fat-rich food by frying them using your conventional cooking method using a lot of oil, this is the best alternative solution to enjoy your delicious meal.
Cleaning an Air Fryer
If you have learned How to Use An Air Fryer, it is important to know how to clean it to maintain its performance and durability.
- Make sure to unplug your Air Fryer from the socket.
- Allow it to cool down for some time.
- You can remove the tray, basket, and other removable items easily and wash by hand using hot water or even in a dishwasher.
- The inside of Air Fryer should be cleaned with hot water and sponge, then you can use a cloth to wipe it.
- You can use a brush to clean anything that looks sticky or stuck inside.
- Before placing the removed items back in the Fryer, make sure they are completely dry.
If you are looking for some Air Fryer recipes, you can easily search them online to explore the possibilities.
The best places to buy Air Fryers are Shopping Malls which has large appliances stores or you can easily buy them on Amazon.
Check out some of the bestselling Air Fryers on Amazon.
Things to Consider while Buying an Air Fryer
- The size of an Air Fryer is an important factor. There are different sizes of Air Fryers available in the market. You can select the appropriate size for your home depending upon the number of people in your family or the servings required.
- Read a couple of reviews about the brand and model that you select before spending on any Air Fryer.
- Most brands provide a recipe book and manual along included in the box. Make sure to grab the one that provides them.
- Before buying an Air Fryer, ensure that it has an auto-off feature as this is very important if it gets too hot.
- Look for an Air Fryer that keeps the outer area cool so that any accidental touches should not burn your skin.
- Select a model that is easy to clean as some models have parts that are not easy to remove which could cause difficulty to clean it after usage.
- It is suggested to check if the outlets in your kitchen support the required power capacity. Most modern kitchen outlets do support almost all types of Air Fryers but it is better if you have a check.
- Last but not the least, you need to choose the model that offers a high-temperature range as most of the items like chicken, meat, and few other foods need to be cooked at a higher temperature.
We hope you enjoyed reading our simple guide of How to Use an Air Fryer.
Check our other Recent Posts
Good detailed information. keep up the good work.
[…] How To Use An Air Fryer – Best Guide 2020 […]